The pond of Tanchiccia is situated on the commune of Serra-di -Ferro. Its entry with path on stilt is easy to find since our departemental road that leads to the seaside resort of Porto-Pollo.
Situated at the heart of a ” Sensitive Natural Area” and listed “ZNIEFF”, it is also listed “ZONE NATURA 2000” and “remarkable place seaside”!
Why such a recognition? The pond has many species of birds, amphibians, insects, flowers, some of them are endemic and protected.
Integrated in a natural environment very splendid, the pond is pleasant to visit whatever the season.In fact, flowering are different all year long as reproductions and birds population.It could be the heron from Europe, tortles, multicolor butterflies or aquatic flower, Nature is the Master on this quiet place.
Passionate, expert or walker, you will be delighted by the softness of this Nature encounter!
In order to protect fauna and flora, the pond has a path on stilt, observatories, and a panoramic tower, it is forbidden to have a pique nique on site or to have a bath.So, plan to visit this place accoridng to a tour around there!
- From 1 st january to 31 march : 8h00 to 16h00 week- ends and day off
- From 1 st april to 31 may: 12h00 19h00 week-ends and day off(closed on monday and tuesday)
- From 1 st june to 30 june: 6h30 19h00 week-ends and day off
- From 1 t July to 30 september: 6h30 13h30/16h00 20h00 week -end and day off
- From 1 st october to 31 december: 8h00 to 16h00(closedon week- ends and day off)
Free entrance: Loan of binaculars, spyglass with a deposit cheque and ID documents.